With Easter just around the corner, I thought I would share with you one more Hershey's project for the season (see my other Hershey's Easter Tutorial HERE). This cross holds FIVE Hershey's Nuggets making it a sweet gift for Easter. I tied the cross with Whisper White Stitched grosgrain, as it's the color used for Easter Sunday. I'm dedicating this tutorial to Maria, who requested a cross at my last stamp class. Find out the supplies you'll need for this cross and where to get them HERE!
Hershey's Cross Tutorial
1. To make the vertical part of the cross, start out with a 9-¼” x 1” piece of Baked Brown Sugar card stock. On the long side, score at the ½”, 4-3/8”, 4-7/8” and 8-¾” marks.
2. Fold the strip along the score lines.
3. For the cross filler strip, start with a 5-1/8” x 1” strip of Baked Brown Sugar card stock. On the long side, score at the 1-3/8”, 1-7/8”, 3-¼” and 3-¾” marks.
4. Fold the strip along the score lines and add Tombow to two of the segments as shown.
5. Add the filler strip to the vertical part of the cross. Note: The glued segments line up with the score lines on either end.
6. Pop a Hershey's Nugget into the center space. This will help stabilize the strip when you are adhering it together.
7. Put Tombow on the segment next to the nugget.
8. Adhere the segment to the strip aligning the ends so that they are even.
9. Put Tombow on one of the end segments.
10. Adhere the ends together.
11. To create TWO filler strips, start with a 3-½” x 2” strip of Baked Brown Sugar card stock. On the 3-1/2" side score at the ½”, 1-7/8” and 2-3/8” marks.
12. On the 2" side, cut into TWO 1" strips.
13. Fold both strips along the score lines.
14. Place the filler strips in the vertical cross piece.
15. Put TWO Hershey's Nuggets in the remaining spaces. Note: Take a look at your vertical piece and find the end that looks the flattest and position that end toward the bottom. My second cross needed to be stabilized with a Scallop Circle piece in order for it to stand on its end. My first cross had a flatter bottom and was able to stand on its own.
16. For the Horizontal Cross pieces, start with a 6-3/8" x 2" piece of Baked Brown Sugar card stock. On the 6-3/8" side, score at the 1", 2-1/4", 2-3/4" and 4-1/8" marks.
17. On the 2" side, cut into TWO 1" strips.
18. Fold along the score lines as shown.
19. Here are all the pieces before they are adhered together.
20. Put Tombow on one of the side pieces as shown. Adhere to the vertical piece. Make sure that you hold down the pieces to get good adhesion all along the two segments.
21. Put Tombow on the other side piece as shown. Adhere to the vertical piece, making sure that the horizontal piece is even with the one that was attached on the other side.
22. This is what the cross looks like when both sides are adhered.
23. Pop in two Hershey's nuggets into the horizontal spaces.
24. Tie the center of the cross with a 16" length of grosgrain ribbon.
25. Stamp "Happy Easter" from the Teeny Tiny Wishes Stamp Set in Baked Brown Sugar Ink on Whisper White Card Stock. Punch the greeting out with the small oval punch. Note: I cut the Happy Easter stamp in half so that I could stamp the words on top of each other instead of side by side.
26. Add the oval tag to the cross with a mini glue dot. Happy Easter!
Stampin’ Up! Supplies
click on the product for price and details