This one is for all my cat lover friends out there. Today Two of my friends will be the recipients of this special cat-shaped card. RV, Happy Birthday, dear friend! I hope his royal highness approves of this card. LF, I never got a chance to thank you for making convention 2013 so special. I came to convention alone and I left with so many friends. I hope your card arrives today!
This cat card wouldn't be complete without the Cool Kid Cat on the inside. To create the white layer, just cut the next size framelit down and cut off the corners just like in step 3. I hope all my feline lover friends like this card. Find out the supplies you'll need to make this card and where to get them HERE!
Cat Shaped Card Tutorial
1. Start with a 7” x 4” piece of Black Card Stock. On the 7” side, score at the 3-½” mark. Fold the piece in half along the score line.
2. Using the 3rd largest framelits from the Windows Collection Framelits, cut out the shape making sure that the fold line is positioned within the framelit (see yellow arrows).
3. Cut off the two bottom corners to create a face-like shape.
4a. Using the full heart punch, punch the edge of a piece of Basic Gray Card Stock.
5a. Using the small oval punch, punch TWO oval out of Pistachio Pudding Card Stock.
6a. Using the small oval punch, punch TWO ovals out of Basic Black Card Stock.
7. Using the full triangle punch, punch the edge of a piece of Basic Gray Card Stock.
- Ears: TWO Basic Black Triangles (Triangle Punch)
- Pupils: Two Basic Black Partial Ovals (Small Oval Punch, see step 6)
- Eyes: TWO Pistachio Pudding Partial Ovals (Small Oval Punch, see step 5)
- Nose: One Basic Gray Partial Triangle (Triangle Punch, see step 7)
- Mouth: ONE Basic Gray Heart Top (Full Heart Punch see step 4)
- Whiskers: THREE Basic Black 5" x 1/16" slivers (Stampin' Trimmer)
9. Adhere the ears to the top of the cat face using Tombow.
10. Adhere the mouth near the bottom of the card. Then put a dab of Tombow just above the mouth.
11. Adhere the middle of the whiskers to the Tombow. Then add some more Tombow to the same spot for the nose.
12. Adhere the nose and the eyes.
13. Finally, add a highlight to each eye with the Chalk Marker. Meow!
Stampin’ Up! Supplies
click on the product for price and details