We are approaching June, one of the most popular wedding months, so I thought it would be a great time to introduce a Hershey’s Shower Umbrella. This is one of my simplest Hershey’s designs to date and I think it would be easy to reproduce in large numbers.
The colors that I chose to showcase the umbrellas in, represent some of the colors that Pantone has selected for Fall 2013. These colors are already showing up on bridal planning websites such as, The Perfect Palette.
If you would like to create your own Hershey’s Shower Umbrellas, just follow my step-by-step instructions below. Please Note: using a good quality card stock for this tutorial is a must for a good looking finished product. I use and recommend Stampin’ Up! card stock for all my Hershey’s tutorials. A complete supply list with item numbers is given at the end of this tutorial.
Hershey’s Shower Umbrella Tutorial
1. To make the outside of the umbrella, start with a 11” x 1” strip of Raspberry Ripple Card Stock. On the long side, score at the 2-7/8”, 4”, 5”, 6”, 7” and 8-1/8” marks.
2. Fold the strip along the score lines as shown
3. Squeeze some multipurpose liquid glue along one of the end segments of the strip.
4. Adhere the two end segments and press together for a few seconds to allow the fibers to fuse.
5. To make the umbrella filler strip, cut a 7” x 1” strip of Shimmery White Card Stock. On the long side, score the strip at the 1”, 2”, 3”, 4”, 5” and 6” marks. Please Note: do NOT use Whisper White for the filler strips. Whisper White is not thick enough to hold the kisses in place.
6. Fold the strip into triangles as shown.
7. Insert the triangular strip into the umbrella base.
8. Pop three Hershey’s kisses into the triangular spaces.
9. Roll the end of the handle of the umbrella around your Simply Scored Stylus tool.
10. For the umbrella edging, start with a piece of 2-3/16” x 1” strip of Raspberry Ripple Card Stock. Punch the 2-3/16” edge with the scallop edge punch.
11. On the short side of scallop edge strip, score the strip at the ½” mark.
12. Fold the scallop edge strip along the score line and insert between the Shimmery White filler strip and the umbrella base as shown.
13. Finish the umbrella as desired. I tied a 6" length of Whisper White Taffeta around the umbrella's handle. I then stamped the sentiment “for your shower” from Teeny Tiny Wishes on Shimmery White Card Stock and punched it out with the 7/8” Scallop Circle Punch. I tied the Scallop to the Taffeta using Whisper White Baker's Twine.
Tiver Saver Steps
Time Saver Step 1 To make the outside of the umbrella, start with a 11” x 8” piece of Raspberry Ripple Card Stock. On the 11”, score at the 2-7/8”, 4”, 5”, 6”, 7” and 8-1/8” marks. On the 8” side, cut into one inch strips. This step will allow you to make EIGHT umbrella strips at one time.
Time Saver Step 5 To make the umbrella filler strips, cut a 7” x 11” piece of Shimmery White Card Stock. On the 7”side, score the strip at the 1”, 2”, 3”, 4”, 5” and 6” marks. On the 11” side, cut into one inch strips. This step will allow you to make ELEVEN filler strips at one time.
Stampin’ Up! Supplies
Stamp Sets: Teeny Tiny Wishes (W 128748, C 127802)
Card Stock: Raspberry Ripple (126842), Shimmery White (101910), Pear Pizzazz (131201), Basic Gray (121044), Bermuda Bay (131197), Elegant Eggplant (105126)
Ink: Raspberry Ripple (126859), Pear Pizzazz (131180), Basic Gray (126981), Bermuda Bay (131171), Elegant Eggplant (126969)
Tools: Simply Scored (122334), Stampin’ Trimmer (126889), 7/8” Scallop Circle Punch (129404), Scallop Edge Punch (119882); Stampin’ Pierce Mat (126199); Paper Piercing Tool (126189)
Embellishments: 3/8” Whisper White Taffeta (109070); Whisper White Baker’s Twine (124262)
Adhesive: Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755)
Other Supplies: Hershey’s Kisses
Shop Stampin’ Up! online anytime, just click HERE.
Thanks for visiting!! I love reading your comments!!