When I first heard that some of you wanted me to design a Hershey’s shamrock, I thought you were kidding. I have always loved creating things for ALL holidays, but I thought I was one of the only ones that liked creating for St. Patrick’s Day. Well now that I know that you were serious in your requests, I have designed a Hershey’s shamrock just for all of YOU who asked.
I was told that shamrocks are traditionally 3-leaf clovers, so I have stuck with that concept. However, I know what the next request will be: Can you design a 4-leaf clover too? No worries! I’ve got you covered. Just scroll down to Step 15 and I will show you how to make a 4-leaf clover too!!
In my previous Hershey’s designs I used a double over piece of card stock for the outside. This time, I have only used one layer of card stock, mainly because it’s smaller and therefore doesn’t need the strength that the other designs needed. If you would like to make your own Hershey’s shamrocks and Hershey’s 4-leaf clovers just follow my tutorial below.
Hershey’s Shamrock Step-by-Step Tutorial
(a VIDEO TUTORIAL is available HERE)
1. Cut a piece of 9-½” x 1” Lucky Limeade card stock. At the 1-½” and 8” marks cut a thin slot halfway up the card stock. On the 4- ¾” mark cut a slightly bigger slot halfway down the card stock. Tip: Draw your slots with a pencil first.
2. Use your bone folder to curl the card stock slightly on both sides from the middle slot to the side slots on either side.
3. Bend one side of the card stock around so that it fits into the middle slot.
4. Now bend the other side around so that it also fits into the middle slot. Set aside.
5. Next cut a piece of 6- ¼” x 1” Lucky Limeade card stock. At the 1-½” and 4- ¾” cut two thin slots halfway up the card stock. Tip: Draw your slots with a pencil first.
6. Use your bone folder to curl the card stock from slot to slot.
7. Make a loop with the strip, making sure that the slots line up. Insert the loop between the loops on the first piece.
8. Adhere the stem pieces together. There will be three places for you to put adhesive to make sure the stem pieces stay together.
9. Cut a piece of 4” x 3” Certainly Celery card stock. On the 4” side, score at the 1”, 2” and 3” marks.
10. On the 3” side, cut into one inch strips.
11. Fold all three strips into triangles as shown.
12. Insert one triangle into each of the three loops.
13. Pop a Hershey’s kiss into each space.
14. Decorate the rest of the shamrock as desired. I added a 10” length of Lucky Limeade baker’s twine and embossed “Happy St. Patrick’s Day” in white on the stem piece.
Step Fifteen: 4-leaf Clover
15. To make a four leaf clover, Cut TWO pieces of 9-½” x 1” Gumball Green card stock. At the 1-½” and 8” marks cut a thin slot halfway up the card stock. On the 4- ¾” mark cut a slightly bigger slot halfway down the card stock. Tip: Draw your slots with a pencil first.
16. Use your bone folder to curl the card stock slightly on both sides from the middle slot to the side slots on either side. Line up both pieces together, so that the slots face the same way.
17. Bend one end around and fit it into the middle slot.
18. Take another end and bend it into the middle slot.
19. Then take one of the remaining outside ends and bend it around and fit it into the middle slot.
20. Bend the remaining end and fit it into the middle slot. Also, adhere the stem pieces together (for a photo see step eight).
21. For the insert pieces, start with a 4” x 4” piece of Certainly Celery Card Stock. On one of the sides, score at 1”, 2” and 3”.
22. On the other side, cut into one-inch strips.
23. Fold the four strips into triangles as shown in step eleven. Insert the triangles into the loops.
24. Pop in four Hershey’s kisses into the spaces and finish off with a 10” length of Baker’s Twine.
Stampin’ Up Supplies:
• Stamp Set: Teeny Tiny Wishes (W 115370, C 127802)
• Card Stock: Lucky Limeade (122926), Certainly Celery (105125), Gumball Green (126840)
• Ink: Versamark (102283)
• Tools: Simply Scored (122334), Heat Tool (129053), Bone Folder (102300)
• Embellishments: Lucky Limeade Baker’s Twine (125572), White Embossing Powder (109132)
• Adhesive: Multipurpose Glue (110755)
Shop Stampin’ Up! online anytime, just click HERE.
Thanks for visiting!! I love reading your comments!!