I was working on a sample for my club workshops, when a flash of inspiration led me to design this tree. With a little tweaking and some input from friends and my fellow demonstrators at Splitcoaststampers, the result is a really adorable Christmas tree. These trees might look hard to make, but they are actually quite easy.
Want to make LOTS of these trees? I'm including some shortcut time saver steps you can take if you would like to make a forest of Hershey's Christmas trees like I did.
The Hershey's Christmas trees stand approximately 4" tall by 3-1/4" wide. Each tree uses nine Hershey's Kisses and two Hershey's Nuggets.
I have created BOTH a video tutorial and a step-by-step tutorial below...
Scored Hershey's Christmas Tree Tutorial
1. Tree Frame: Begin with a 10-1/8” x 2” piece of Garden Green Card Stock. On the long side, score at 3-¼”, 6-½” and 9-¾”.
2. On the short side score at 1”.
3. Squeeze some multipurpose liquid glue lengthwise along the strip.
4. Fold the strip in half lengthwise and use your bone folder to burnish the strip.
5. Fold the strip along the score lines. Squeeze some multipurpose liquid glue onto the tab end.
6. Bring the ends of the piece together to form a triangle. Make sure you hold the tab down for a few seconds so that the glue can seal the card stock fibers together. Set aside.
7. Tree Insert Pieces: Begin with a 11” x 2” piece of Garden Green Card Stock. On the long side score at all the inch marks (ie. 1”, 2”, 3” etc.)
8. Cut this piece in half lengthwise at the 1” mark.
9. Then take one of the strips and cut it at the 4” mark.
10. You should now have 3 one-inch strips 4”, 7” and 11” long.
11. Take the longest strip and fold it into a strip of triangles.
12. Fit the folded triangle strip into the bottom of the tree frame.
13. Next, take the medium length strip and fold it into triangles.
14. Fit the folded triangle strip into the row above the first strip in the tree frame.
15. Now fold the smallest strip into a triangle.
16. Fit the triangle into the top spot of the tree frame.
17. Pop 9 Hershey’s Kisses into the triangular spaces.
18. Tie with an 18” length of grosgrain.
19. Tree Trunk: Start with a piece of Chocolate Chip Card Stock 5-3/4” x 2”, On the long side score at 1”, 2-3/8”, 3-3/8” and 4-3/4”.
20. On the short side, score at 1”.
21. Squeeze some multipurpose liquid glue lengthwise along the strip.
22. Fold the strip in half lengthwise and use your bone folder to burnish the strip.
23. Squeeze some multipurpose glue onto one of the ends of the strip.
24. Now fold on the other score marks and adhere to form a rectangle. Place two strips of sticky strip on the edges of the rectangle.
25. Remove the sticky strip liner and adhere the tree to the trunk. Pop 2 Hershey’s nuggets into the trunk piece.
26. Finish off the tree as desired. I suggest packaging the trees in one of Stampin' Up's clear envelopes (see above photo). This will ensure that the kisses stay in place for gift-giving.
Time Saver for Step One
Time Saver Step 1 Begin with a 10-1/8” x 8” piece of Garden Green Card Stock. On the long side, score at 3-¼”, 6-½” and 9-¾”.
Time Saver for Step Two
Time Saver Step 2 On the short side score at 1”, 3”, 5”, 7”. Also on the short side, cut the card stock into 2” strips. You should now have enough outer frame pieces to create FOUR trees.
Time saver for Steps Seven to Nine
Time Saver Steps 7-9 Begin with a 11” x 8” piece of Garden Green Card Stock. On the long side score at all the inch marks (ie. 1”, 2”, 3” etc.). On the 8” side cut the card stock into one-inch strips. Then cut four of the strips at the 4-inch mark. This will give you enough insert strips to create FOUR trees.
Time Saver for Step Nineteen
Time Saver Step 19 Start with a piece of Chocolate Chip Card Stock 5-3/4” x 10”, On the 5-3/4” side score at 1”, 2-3/8”, 3-3/8” and 4-3/4”.
Time Saver for Step Twenty
Time Saver Step 20 On the 10” side, score at 1”, 3”, 5”, 7” and 9”. Also on the 10” side, cut the card stock into two-inch strips. You should now have enough trunk pieces to create FIVE trees.
Stampin' Up Supplies:
Pacific Point (111350)
Island Indigo (125575)
Word Window Punch (119857)
Shop Stampin’ Up! online anytime, just click HERE.
Thanks for visiting!! I love reading your comments!!