This is my version of the Gift Card Boxes that you may have seen online. Of course, my version has to have a little twist to it. I designed my box a little deeper and wider, which allows space for a Designer Paper wrapped roll of Rolos. What makes a better gift than chocolate and a gift card? Almost nothing! It’s perfect for teens, teachers or even me, LOL! If you would like to make your own Pop-Up Gift Card Box, just follow my step-by-step tutorial below.
Pop-Up Gift Card Box Tutorial
1. Gift Card Box: Start with a piece of 9” x 7” Gumball Green CS. On the long side, score at 1”, 4”, 5” & 8”.
2. On the short side, score at 1” and 6”.
3. Cut along the score lines in eight places as shown by the yellow highlights. Cut just until the score lines intersect.
4. Place two strips of sticky strip on each of the six tabs all on the same side of the card stock.
5. Remove the sticky strip and bring the tabs together to form box with attached lid.
6. Gift Card Insert: Start with a piece of 7” x 5” Cherry Cobbler CS. On the long side, score at 2-¼”, 3-½” & 4-¾”.
7. Fold the insert in half and using the decorative label punch, punch a hole on the folded center. Note: The punch should only go half way over the card stock.
8. To create the gift card slot, draw a pencil line 3-¼” in from one of the short sides as represented by the blue line. Then make a mark on the pencil line 3/4" in from each side as indicated by the yellow mark.
9. Starting from the punched hole, cut a slot on both sides of the hole just until you reach the pencil mark. To make the slot wide enough for a gift card, make a cut on either side of the pencil line and then nip off the little strip of card stock that remains.
10. Place a line of sticky strip along each of the short ends of the insert piece.
11. Attach the insert to the inside of the box. Make sure the side with the slot faces up.
12. Wrap the Rolos in a piece of 4-¼” x 3” piece of Be of Good Cheer Paper using Sticky Strip.
13. This is what the Rolos look like once they're wrapped.
14. Decorate the inside of the box as desired. Make sure to place the rolos at the front of the box to ensure that the gift card has enough room to fold down when the lid is closed.
15. To create the ornament gift tag, stamp three of the "snowflake" ornaments and one of the "To/From" Ornaments from Delightful Decorations in Gumball Green ink on Very Vanilla Card Stock. Punch all four ornaments with the Ornament Punch. Fold the "snowflake" ornaments in half and glue them together with multipurpose liquid glue. Then glue the "To/From" Ornament flat to the back of the group of three "snowflake" ornaments. Finally add a dot of Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details to the center crease of the three folded ornaments. Now you have a decorative gift tag with a place to write your name and the recipients name on the back.
16. Finish off the outside of the box.
Stampin' Up! Supplies: Greetings of the Season Stamp Set (W 128030, C128033); Delightful Decorations Stamp Set (W 116517, C 127787); Card Stock: Gumball Green (126840), Cherry Cobbler (119685), Very Vanilla (101650); Be of Good Cheer Paper (126896); Ink: Gumball Green (126861), Cherry Cobbler (126966); Ornament Punch (119847); Decorative Label Punch (120907); Cherry Cobbler Tulle (127841); Cherry Cobbler Baker’s Twine (123125); Simply Scored (122334); Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details (125585); Big Shot (113439); Apothecary Accents Framelits (127003); Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755).
Shop Stampin’ Up! online anytime, just click HERE.
Thanks for visiting!! I love reading your comments!!