I created this project for the Creative Crew “Twitterpated” challenge. This note card box is designed to fit the 3-½” x 5” Note Cards with Envelopes that Stampin’ Up! sells in a pack of 20 (item #107311) . The box holds approximately 10 cards and 10 envelopes. The neat thing about this box is that the lid is attached to the box and is cinched closed by the ribbon.
I designed this project so that you could make multiple boxes and cards out of one pack of Twitterpated designer series paper. Using the pre-scored note cards, makes these cards fast and easy to make. I was careful to choose one pattern from each page of paper, so as not to use one page of Twitterpated DSP more than another. I also used different punches on each card so that it could be used as a stamp camp project.
If you would like to make your own Note Card Box, just follow the tutorial below.
Want to play along? Here are the challenge deets:
CCREW0212DF, CreativeCrew, SUO or SUM -- DSP/Color Focus: Twitterpated DSP has me, well, twitterpated! This month, use Twitterpated DSP on your project. Haven't gotten it yet? Use the colors: Pear Pizzazz, Basic Gray, Island Indigo, Riding Hood Red, Blushing Bride, Baja Breeze, Whisper White, or any combination of them.
To view the challenge gallery and to upload your challenges CLICK HERE!
Note Card Box Tutorial
Step One Box Base
1. Start with a piece of card stock 9-¾ x 9-¼”. On the 9- ¾” side, score at ½”, 2-¼”, 7-½” and 9-¼.
2. On the 9- ¼” side, score at 3-¾” and 5-½”.
3. Orient your card stock so that the long side is in front of you and the short sides are to the side. Cut away an area 2-¼” in from the sides and 5” from the bottom. Note: You will be leaving a ½” tab when you cut away from the bottom. The score lines have been enhanced so that you can visualize where to cut.
4. Angle cut the four tabs as shown.
5. Cut a fancy edge on the end furthest away from the tabs. I used the Labels Framelits and secured the framelit to my cutting pad and the card stock with masking tape. I only put the masking tape on the part that would be cut away, because it could damage the paper. I also folded in the sides along the score lines to allow the card stock to pass through my Big Shot.
6. Put sticky strip along the four tabs.
7. Fold box along all score lines. Remove the sticky strip liner and bring together to form box base.
Step Eight Box Lid
8. Start with a piece of card stock 8-13/16” x 5-5/16”. On ALL FOUR SIDES, score at 1-3/4” mark.
9. With one of the long sides facing towards you, cut away the two furthest corners. On the two closest corners, cut away most of the corner leaving ½” tabs.
10. Angle cut the two tabs.
11. Cover the box lid with designer series paper and add sticky strip to the tabs.
12. Flip lid piece over. Using a Crop-a-dile, punch two small holes in the top of the box lid near the score lines.
13. Put sticky strip on the long rectangle furthest away from the tabs.
14. Remove the sticky strip liner from the long rectangle and attach to the outside back of the box.
15. Remove the sticky strip liner from the tabs and bring sides together to form box lid.
16. Using a Crop-a-dile, punch two small holes in the sides of the box about 1” from the top.
17. Place a small piece of sticky strip below the crop-a-dile holes in the sides of the box.
18. Remove the sticky strip liner. Feed a 12” length of ribbon through the hole in the lid and the hole in the side of the box as shown. Adhere end to the sticky strip.
19. Repeat feeding and adhering the ribbon on the other side.
20. To cinch the lid closed, gently push down on the lid while holding the ribbon taut.
Here are close-ups of the five cards.
Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Sincere Salutations, Tiny Tags; 5” x 3-½” Note Cards and Envelopes (107311); Card Stock: Island Indigo Textured, Baja Breeze Textured, Pear Pizzazz, Island Indigo, Baja Breeze, Riding Hood Red, Blushing Bride, Basic Gray, Whisper White; Paper: Twitterpated; Ink: Island Indigo, Basic Gray, Riding Hood Red; Punches: Lace Ribbon Border, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border, Pinking Hearts Border, Scallop Edge Border, Eyelet Border, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, Small Heart, Decorative Label, Extra Large Oval, Bird Builder, Boho Blossoms; Big Shot; Labels Collection Framelits, Designer Frames Embossing Folders; 3/8” Taffeta: Basic Black, Riding Hood Red; ½” Seam Binding: Baja Breeze, Pear Pizzazz; 3/8” Blushing Bride Pleated Satin Ribbon; 3/8” Island Indigo Ruffled Ribbon; Pearl Jewels; Simply Scored, Crop-a-dile; Sticky Strip.
Shop Stampin’ Up! online anytime, just click HERE.
Thanks for visiting!! I love reading your comments!!