I missed the Turkey Sweet Treat Cup craze last year. So many of you made these adorable creatures, that I decided that my stamp club should make them too!! Of course, I had to design my own version of the turkey and add some new styling with our updated colors and a new stamp set called Thankful For. I plan to make a whole set of these for my Thanksgiving table. All that remains to be done with this one is to fill in the name of the recipient at the bottom. I would like to thank Connie Collins, because her Thanksgiving Sweet Treat Turkey Tutorial inspired my design.
Stamp Sets: Thankful For
Card Stock: Old Olive, Cajun Craze, More Mustard, Chocolate Chip, Daffodil Delight, Poppy Parade
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Punches: 1-¾” Circle, 1-¼” Circle, 1-¾” Scallop Circle, 1-¾” x 7/8” Oval, Modern Label
Treat Cups, Sponge Daubers, Cutter Kit
Non-Stampin’ Up: Wiggly Eyes, Fall-colored M&Ms
1. Start with a piece of 8-½” x 3” Old Olive card stock, scored at 4-¼” and folded to make a card.
2. Punch a centered 1-¾” circle 1-7/8” from the bottom of the card.
3. Stamp the “Thankful For ...” Greeting just between ¾” and 1-¼” mark from the bottom.
4. Create the following punched pieces for turkey:
- Feathers: 6 Cajun Craze Ovals, sponge edges in chocolate chip.
- Feathers: 6 More Mustard Ovals, cut off at the 1-¼” mark, sponge edges in chocolate chip.
- Body: 3 Chocolate Chip Scallop Circles, take a six hump bite out of the scallop circle with the 1-¾” Circle Punch.
- Feet: 1 Cajun Craze Scallop Circle, cut 2 three-hump pie pieces out of scallop circle, Cut points off so that pieces are 5/8” long, sponge edges in chocolate chip.
- Wattle: 1 Real Red Scallop Circle, cut 1 two-hump pie piece out of scallop circle
- Beak: 1 Daffodil Delight Scallop Circle, cut 1 two-hump pie piece out of scallop circle, cut humps off, make two nostril marks with black marker.
- Head: 1 Chocolate Chip 1-¼” Circle
5. Adhere Cajun Craze ovals around top of the 1-¾” hole.
6. Adhere More Mustard ovals on top of the Cajun Craze ovals.
7. Adhere Cajun Craze feet to bottom of the 1-¾” hole.
8. Adhere Chocolate Chip body pieces on the sides and top of the 1-¾” hole.
9. Add sticky strip to front edge of the treat cup. Four half-inch pieces of sticky strip placed evenly apart should suffice. Remove sticky strip liner, push treat cup through hole and adhere to the card.
10. Adhere head, wattle, beak and wiggly eyes to front of the treat cup.
11. Fill treat cup with M&Ms. Cover with a 2-½” x 2-½” piece of Chocolate Chip card stock that has been perforated with an “X” using the perforator tool from the cutter kit, running from corner to corner.
12. Punch a More Mustard Modern Label piece and write recipient’s name on it. Sponge edges with chocolate chip ink and adhere to card.
* Turkey can be made without being a place card, just trim the bottom to the desired length.