Thursday, October 7, 2010
Halloween Treat Tent
We made these cute Halloween Treat Tents at my September Workshop. They were a bit hit. The little bat swings aside to reveal a window to the treats inside. I was inspired Melissa Earnest's cute creations from a few years ago. Thanks Melissa for your inspiration.
Supplies: Batty for You stamp set, Bring on the Bats Jumbo Wheel, Jumbo Wheel Handle, Uninked Jumbo Cartridge , Rich Razzleberry Refill, Rich Razzleberry Inkpad, Rich Razzleberry CS, Basic Black CS, Old Olive CS, Whisper White CS, 1-¾” Scallop Circle Punch, 1” Circle Punch, 1-¼” Circle Punch, 1-3/8” Circle Punch, 3/8” Basic Black Taffeta, 5/16” Neutral Brads, Dimensionals, Piercer, 3” x 4” Mini Clear Bags (not Stampin’ Up!), Bite Size Mini Oreos
1. Start with a piece of card stock 8-½” x 3”. Score at 3-¾” and 4-¾”.
2. Punch a centered 1-3/8” Circular Window ½” above the score line.
3. Decorate card stock with the Bring on the Bats Wheel.
4. Stamp, punch, and adhere pieces for the window cover. Sandwich a length of ribbon between two scallop circle layers to hide the ribbon end.
5 Place approximately 7 mini Oreos in a clear bag. Align the top of the bag with the top of the tent.
6. Holding the ribbon, treat tent and clear bag in place, pierce through all three layers and secure with a brad.